If there is a charity in which you would like
to really make a difference, you might want to consider the option
of leaving life insurance proceeds to a favorite charity.
What are some of the advantages?
- With a life insurance policy, the proceeds are guaranteed.
Of course, it is very important to remember that any guarantee
is based solely on the assets and financial ability of the company
that issues the insurance policy.
- You pay the premium in monthly installments which can may
be tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
- A small outlay creates a meaningful amount.
- Your other assets are not affected.
- Life insurance proceeds are not subject to federal taxes or
included in probate.
If this sounds like an interesting idea for
you to pursue; discuss it with your professional insurance agent
or financial planner. You may also need to seek the advice of